After a scary week of being far to close to the Port Hills fires the rain came, wind dropped and on Saturday 18.2.17 we were able to have pre dinner drinks and nibbles outside and enjoy a mild drizzle before eating.
For those of you who would have liked to come this is the menu:
- Aqua Fizz
- Filo bits filled with brocolli, leek and cream cheese puree
- Llama leg steak bites with mayo, sweet chilli sauce and dry salted capers
- Blackberry jelly with strawberries in raspberry vinegar
- Cool tomato and roast pepper soup with guacamole and seedy rolls
- Ceviche with paw paw salsa or white bean and fennel salad
- Roast duck with rose redcurrant jus or baked spiced eggplant with yogurt miso sauce
- New roast potatoes, green beans, cougette ribbons
- Plum sorbet
- Kumara mousse, loquat puree, chocolate ganache
- Tea, coffee, liqueur chocolates
No one won the prize of a voucher to the next dinner for guessing the ingredients in the desert! Please ask the Dinner Lady if you would like the recipe.
The next dinner will be on Saturday 18th March, more news about this event soon, you can book any time.